As of 10 Aug 2022, Uganda's entry requirements are as follows:
- Fully vaccinated travelers (boosters are not considered) are not required to undergo Covid-19 testing of any type for entry or exit into/from Uganda.
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required and will be checked at the Entebbe International Airport health screening desk (along with travelers' Yellow Fever vaccination card).
- No advance health forms are required.
- No testing is required prior to primate trekking or entering National Parks.
- Any travelers who are not fully vaccinated are required to show negative PCR Covid-19 test results taken within 72 hrs of boarding their arriving flight into Entebbe.
- Any travelers who are not fully vaccinated are required to undergo a PCR test in Uganda within 72 hrs of boarding their departing flight from Uganda. CAS can arrange for PCR testing at an additional cost.
- We HIGHLY recommend all travelers carry adequate travel insurance that will cover any additional expenses incurred should quarantine or medical treatment be required. Any and all additional costs for accommodations, transport, testing, etc. will be payable by the travelers at the time the services are rendered.
- Should a traveler test positive in Uganda, the protocols are on a case-by-case basis due to quarantine restrictions at most hotels and lodges.
As of 29 Jul 2022 Rwanda announced that Covid testing is no longer required for entrance into the country. However, a PCR covid test is still required for visitors trekking primates and a rapid test is required for those entering national parks. Masks are required for primate trekking and are encouraged in enclosed/indoor spaces.